from the The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE®) website: www.iste.org
Why are standards important?
Technology has forever changed not only what we need to learn, but the way we learn.
The ISTE Standards set the bar for excellence and best practices in learning, teaching and leading with technology in education. The benefits of using the ISTE Standards include:
- Improving higher-order thinking skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking and creativity
- Preparing students for their future in a competitive global job market
- Designing student-centered, project-based and online learning environments
- Guiding systemic change in our schools to create digital places of learning
- Inspiring digital age professional models for working, collaborating and decision making
Technology Standards for Students (ISTE Standards): The standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge students need to learn effectively and live productively in an increasingly global and digital world.
Technology Standards for Teachers (ISTE Standards): The standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge educators need to teach, work and learn in an increasingly connected global and digital society