The California History – Social Studies Content Standards
Pearson’s Online Access:
- CCSS Content Integration Performance Unit
- 5th Grade CCSS Content Integration Overview
- Content Integrated Units (for Fourth and Fifth Grades)(requires LAUSD SSO)
- Edsitement: Presented by the National Endowment for the Humanities, EDSITEment features lesson plans and additional classroom resources about art and culture, literature and language arts, foreign language, history and social studies. It also serves as a gateway to the best humanities sites on the Web and features a monthly theme-based teaching resource calendar.
- National Geographic Education: Developed by the National Geographic Society, the NG Education site brings geography,social studies, and science to life for educators, learners, and their families—in and out of the classroom. The free education resources at NatGeoEd.org harness National Geographic’s iconic media, research, and exploration to support high quality, standards-based instruction and student-centered learning. The site features multimedia activities,photo and video galleries, a growing reference library, and interactive mapping and collaboration tools. This next-generation site replaces Xpeditions, which is now an archive.
- Pearson Social Studies
- Pearson Social Studies (log in for teachers and students)
- Pearson Social Studies (requires a username and password)
- Smithsonian’s History Explorer: Designed and developed by the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, the Smithsonian’s History Explorer is a gateway to innovative, standards-based online resources for teaching and learning American history. The site brings history to life through artifacts, primary sources and online tools for the classroom, afterschool activities and home.
- SocialStudies.org: Preparing students for College, Career, and Citizenship
- TeachingHistory.org: National history education Clearinghouse
- playlist: US states and capitals